Monday, June 1, 2015

Bring Your Own Bowl and Chopsticks!

This cute Ama(Grandma) reminds me of the little Grandma in "Mulan"! We love her ! She always puts both hands in the air and waves at us whenever we come by:)
Another sweet family we are working with
There is a cute little family who owns a rice place where we go eat. These two little girls had matching "Frozen" dresses on when we went in last week! So cute!!
Dear Loved Ones,

I just want you all to know that the church is true.

And at the end of the day that's what matters. 

This week the Lord stretched us and pushed us and pulled us and shaped us as a companionship. It was hot and hard and I didn't know why everything was happening the way it was happening. We were frustrated, but then the miracles came. 

For starters we weren't in our area for 2 days because we went up to Taipei. Which was magical and I loved every second of the training. However... I realized that I much prefer my rural Taidong to the big bustling Taipei. haha Another sad thing we realized is that this transfer is one week shorter than a regular transfer. We both freaked out a lot. 

The coolest thing that happened was that leading up to the meeting I just had been feeling nervous. It's so easy to compare yourself to others when you go to these meetings in Taipei. And I know how deflating that can be when you're a new missionary. So Sister Johnson and I just prayed that we wouldn't compare ourselves and that we would just be able to love everyone. It was my favorite meeting I have ever been too. I love President Day. I testify that he is called of God. I am going to miss him so much when he leaves. He seriously touches my spirit every time he gives us a training. 

When we got back, we were in our area for two days and all of our investigators stood us up and our members cancelled on us and just every plan we had fell through. It was rough. It was something I hadn't experienced to this extent.

But what I did realize, was that when everything was going wrong it made me appreciate the little miracles and the little blessings that God did send to us that much more.

Two awesome things from this week:

1- We live out in the farmland and on Friday night we were riding around and saw that a cow had escaped his pasture! So... naturally we tried to coral him back in on our bikes. haha He was very nice to us, but then someone rode by on a scooter and he CHARGED! hahaha Sister Johnson and I were dying. 
This picture is of Sister Johnson and our friend the cow!!!
2- The picture below perfectly illustrates a principle I love about the south. It's the Bring Your Own Bowl and Chopsticks principle. How gatherings work here in the south is that everyone makes food and brings it and then everyone else just brings their bowl their chopsticks and digs in. The South is the best :) 

District Cultural Event. BYOB (Bring Your Own Bowl) and Chopsticks Event!
More pictures of the cultural event! Sister Johnson and I both got teary as they were performing! Such beautiful people with such big hearts:)
Kids at the cultural event
The missionary organization of Taidong 3, fenhui!!!
Misisonaries of Taidong 3
Oh! Another thing I found out! Cho DX's mom (in Zhubei) is getting baptized this week!! :) YAY!! Miracles!

I testify that the Savior lives and loves us. I am so grateful to be a part of the family that I am in so that I can feel of the truth of this message. I know God is my Heavenly Father.  Thank you for everything

Gu Jiemei

No comments:

Post a Comment