Monday, February 22, 2016

18 Months & More

This picture just warms my heart. So in a kind of crazy turn of events we had a gigantic missionary activity with our 2 wards! I ended up splitting off with 2 of our more mature sisters and we had 2 lessons and 1 new investigator girl who said her dad is looking for a church! (A big miracle here in Taiwan) The Shuanghe wards are just beginning an incredible legacy of Missionary Work and I'm so excited to have been a small part of it. 
To celebrate my 18 month mark I had starbucks Hot chocolate, McDonald's ice cream, and my companion and I wore matching skirts. 
This is what happens on the day we decide to clean out the apartment's junk
So in a turn of events that broke my heart, we had to say goodbye to Roger. He is going back to Mainland China to see his sick father in the hospital. On his last day here we were on exchanges and Sister Meyers didn't get to meet with him, but I had him pull out this picture so we could have one last picture together.
The best district meeting I've had my whole mission! We're on the quest for gold!!
Dear everyone I love,
Here are a few things from this week:
1- Tender Mercies:
So our mission has been making a HUGE push towards member-missionary work and so we've been thinking a lot about what would be the best way to get referrals from members. We've been thinking about it and praying about it and we saw the hand of the Lord. Our second counselor in the bishopric invited us to meet with 2 of his neighbors this week! They're 14 and 11 years old and super awesome. We set up with them to make cookies together on Saturday! :) haha. Our bishopric also agreed to go and visit Sherry's family this week. :) They'll be going on Saturday and talking to her parents about her baptism. I'M GOING TO BE A NERVOUS WRECK. haha-- 

2-Studying-
So last year I studied one Christlike attribute every month and ended right in December. So preparing for the upcoming 3 months of my mission I didn't really know what to study... then God made it clear to me over and over and over again. FAITH, HOPE, CHARITY AND LOVE. It literally felt like he was pounding me over the head with it. haha So NOW I study those 3 things a lot. The other day I studied True To The Faith and read the definitions for those 3 attributes... it blew my mind! One of my favorite lines was, "... the Atonement of the Savior Jesus Christ is the single greatest act of Charity..." wow! For some reason I had never connected those 2 things... but ya! It's so obvious. I've also been writing in my journal every day one thing I learned or one experience I had that had to do with those 3 things. It's been pretty fun to see God teaching me.

3-My Amazing Companion-
Oh my... where to begin? Sister Meyers is one of the most humble people I've ever met. She just wants to do her best. She's also so obedient. Remember when I said she was like a stripling warrior? ya... go read those verses and you essentially know just what she's like. She also is so good at making me feel good about myself. She reminds me of the things I do well and encourages me when things get hard.

4-My testimony-
I testify that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true. I testify that God loves all of His children. I testify that God's love is unconditional. I learned that lesson big time this week. I kept beating myself up about some things this week and I couldn't understand how God still loved me. I prayed about it and talked about it with Sister Meyers a lot. Then when I woke up the next morning I realized how and why God can love us no matter what. God is completely unselfish. He never thinks about himself and what's best for Him. He only wants to do what's best for us. 24/7, 365 days a year. That's what makes him happy. Serving others. 

And when we do that, it will make us happy too.  

I love you all so much! 

Gu Jiemei


This is Yang Agong! Is he not the cutest thing you've ever seen? He wandered into the chapel all by himself on Sunday and came to church! We were able to meet with him, teach him to pray, and get him on date for baptism! Woohoo!!!
My amazing Taiwanese roommate.
My daughter and granddaughter:)

My other daughter and granddaughter:)







No comments:

Post a Comment