Monday, October 12, 2015

WE THANK THEE O GOD FOR A PROPHET!!!

These are some of the most stalwart and amazing women I have ever met:)
President Jergensen let us come make cookies at his house before going to watch Conference!!!
We added our "xing" to our cookies!
President fixed us cold cereal for breakfast. Look at him serving us!!! He's the best. We love the Jergensens:)
Dear Family and Friends,

WE THANK THEE O GOD FOR A PROPHET! Wow. Was conference not amazing?? I feel very refueled and ready. I feel like I received so many new tools and things I can do to be better!

Some of the things I loved hearing in Conference:

I loved how much we were told to trust in the Lord. I feel like that is something missionaries all have to gain a strong testimony of. I know that God loves his kids. I also loved all the talks about commandments being a protection. I think it's so easy to see them as a restriction even as a missionary! Because you have these investigators who you know could just be baptized if they didn't have to live the law of Chastity, or the word of wisdom... but that's not the point. The point is conversion. God is going to bring us to Him and then change us completely. We can do this. If we keep the commandments we will be blessed and safe.

I'm so thankful for my family. During conference I realized that next General Conference I will be home! HOW CRAZY IS THAT?! Very. I know that our leaders are called of God. I know that when we heed their counsel we will be protected. We do not know when the storms will come, but we know that they will. And when they come, let's be ready. I testify that God loves his kids.

This week I had interviews with our Mission President. It was so good. I realized how negative I have been since moving up here to Taipei. I was very critical of myself, and many other things. But I have a plan now and goals to accomplish what I want. Something President counseled me to do was not to say that my mission was hard, but to say that it is AMAZING. And you know what? That's what it is. AMAZING. It's life-changing and inspiring... ya. It's amazing.

Also! One final thing, in line with counsel from our Prophets, I would like to invite you all to church! I have no idea who all reads my blog. I have no idea where you come from, who you are, where you want to go, what you think about Jesus Christ... but let me testify to you that you will never ever regret getting to know Him better. I testify that church's purpose is to learn of Jesus Christ. Now, the members in the church are not perfect. Nobody is. But we all go to church to remember our Savior. So if you feel that you need something more or even if you feel like you don't need one more thing... go to the chapel. Partake of the Sacrament. Ask God what he feels about you and listen as you partake of the bread and water. I promise you as a representative of Jesus Christ, He will welcome you. You will feel His love. He never gave up on you so don't you dare give up on Him.

I love you all. 

Thank you for all the prayers love and support.

Gu Jiemei

Another blessing of the Lord putting us right where he wants us. On this evening, we weren't sure where we were going to meet with our member so we ended up walking to a family mart and meeting with her. On our way back we saw one of our members at work so we decided we would stop by and say hi! Turns out his mom was just sitting there visiting with him! So we were able to have a lesson right there with their family!! How cool?! Too cool.
A fine picture of one of our favorite members... his name is Yo. Yo Luo. So... YOLO. 
So this week my companion had a bright idea for an activity we could do for our member visits! It consisted of them using their faith (like the brother of Jared) and writing down something they could do to increase their faith on little rocks. However... we had no rocks and it was raining. So we went outside and tried to find rocks large enough to write on, but small enough to carry in our one miniature bike basket that we share. (luckily one of the three nephites left us a plastic bag in our basket on this day) So we spent some time outside in the rain hunting for pebbles in the middle of Taipei, which is ripe with wildlife so it was super easy. After finding these rocks we went and visited our first member family Lin Jiating. They had lots of little kids who would've very much enjoyed this activity... but we ran out of time and so only the family with 5 teenage sons was able to participate later on in the evening. Yay! :) haha 
Sister Fenlaw is awesome:)
Luo Jiemei! This girl my friends... this girl... may be the biggest inspiration I have. I've never been her companion, but every time I see her she lifts me up and helps me feel better and more prepared as a representative of Christ.
Between session dinner at Cozy Burger!!! 








No comments:

Post a Comment