Tuesday, July 14, 2015

THANK YOU TO ALL THE PRIMARY TEACHERS

One of my dreams came true this week when I got to wear the Yuanzhumin native costume:)
Puppy contacting!
I sent my first official text in Chinese this week!
Dear Family and Friends,

THANK YOU FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISHES!

It's been a crazy week full of growth and change in my life. Here are a few things that happened this week:

1- We met President and Sister Jergensen(our new mission president & wife). So how it happened is we went up to Hualien for a meeting and then came back that same day. It was the weirdest thing... but when I saw Sister Jergensen for the first time it was literally like I was seeing one of my old friends from my home ward. It was really just like talking with mom :) It was the best! then we met President Jergensen. HE REMINDS ME SO MUCH OF PRESIDENT HARDING (Georgia). It was incredible. So their family did a little presentation and introduced themselves and it was the best. I could feel of their love for us and for this mission. I also can totally feel that President Jergensen is called of God. I just know it. I can feel it in my spirit.
Zone conference!!!
2-Allow me to testify for a moment of the importance of callings. So in our ward there was a primary organization but it wasn't super organized before we became a ward. This last week our Primary president and her counselors stood by the door to welcome everyone into the building and say hi to all the kids. I thought that was pretty cute... but there was more! So Liang JM (Hunter's mom) is probably the best mom ever and her kids adore her. Which is wonderful! But that is a bit of a struggle because her kids never want to leave her side. For that reason she has never gone to Relief Society. NOT EVEN ONE TIME! I had been praying a lot about how we could get her there but nothing was coming to me. But guess what?! The primary President saved the day! She was somehow able to coax Liang JM's kids away from her for the whole hour! They came in a couple times, but Liang JM got to be in Relief Society! It was such a big blessing and I was so touched that I almost cried. THANK YOU ALL OF YOU PRIMARY TEACHERS. You may not feel like your calling is important, but to this missionary you are crucial and you are helping to bring souls unto Christ.

3-The most important lesson I learned this week... the mission is a refiner's fire. Which is so good and so hard at the same time. I think I had been given a little bit of a break from trials and then this month they've all come to visit :) haha. But for some strange reason, it's exhilarating. It's almost thrilling to know that I have a new challenge ahead. I'm so excited to continue to change myself and to progress and grow. I think I'm really changing who I am and how I see myself and others. It's pretty cool being out here in Beinan because we don't really get to see other missionaries a ton. It's hard sometimes, but I think it's been a blessing for me to be able to really concentrate on what matters most.

I love this gospel. I testify that it is true and that God loves his kids.

Thank you for the love and support and prayers :)

Gu Jiemei

PS. Pres. Hou took us on an amazing pday adventure!!! Taiwan is such a beautiful and amazing place. Thanks Pres. Hou!!!
Our p-day adventure!!!
Wild Monkeys along the side of the road:)
Can't miss a picture of these guys!!!
Pres. Hou and Johnny. They are the best!!!
Sister Walker and I
Sometimes you just gotta JUMP!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment