Tuesday, December 15, 2015

"There is Always Someone at the Door"

As we were preparing this Saturday for the baptism, I realized that this was the first time I had been in a font like this since my own baptism. 

I LOVE MY WU JIEMEI!
Dear Family & Friends,

So this week was filled with a pretty big trial. Our sweet Lin Dixiong has disappeared. 

Last Sunday he showed up to partake of the sacrament and it was a huge miracle. We had been worried because he'd been so tired lately, but he made the effort to come and keep the commandments. Then on Monday we were able to talk to him on the phone. From then until now we haven't heard from him once. We've called him, been to his house, called his home phone, and no answer no response. We told our members that we hadn't heard from him and they felt we should still hold the baptismal service just in case he showed. Then if he didn't we would just have a meal all together.

So Saturday morning we woke up and got everything ready for the baptism. And then we waited. And we waited. And we waited. But he never showed up. Every scooter, every car, every taxi could've been him. But they weren't. And so Sister Wood and I stood there. Waiting and Waiting and waiting. Praying and praying and praying. Hoping and hoping and hoping. But even all of our faith couldn't take away his agency. 

This taught me a very important lesson. There's always someone at the door. I think some of us believe that our choices do not effect others. But I am here to testify that everyone you care about is effected by your choices. Whether that choice is good or bad. Now I'm not saying I understand the reason for every choice and I can't judge anyone else's choices, but my point is that when we fall away or when we leave there is always someone there. There is always someone hoping that we return. Whether that's a parent, or a sibling, or a bishop, or a visiting teacher, or a home teacher, or a friend, or a classmate, or a teacher, or even someone we've just met. There will always be someone at the door. Praying, waiting, hoping, watching. 
In this church we are never alone.

And on this earth we are never alone because of our Savior and his Atonement.

He is waiting there. Right by the door. When you don't want to go in, don't worry, you never have to sit by yourself. The Savior is there. The Spirit is there. And he WILL comfort you when you're afraid or apprehensive or unsure.

 I promise as a missionary and a representative of Jesus Christ that HE is waiting for YOU. 

So do whatever it takes to get you inside that door. The temple door. The church door. Or even your home's door. Go there and pray. The Savior will bring you the rest of the way.

I know the church is true. I know God loves his kids. I know Jesus Christ is our Savior. I'm thankful to get to know him better here in the beautiful promised land. 

I love you all

Gu Jiemei


We've been doing the 12 days of Christmas :) Everyone loves the Christmas stories. We gather around the couch and I read them aloud and everyone ooh's and aaah's and we cry sometimes :) MERRY CHRISTMAS!
We like to get our parents involved in the Christmas festivities at English Class. Our little kids will be performing Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer with actions this week! Pictures coming soon :) haha 

This is the view out of our window in Yonghe. Buildings buildings buildings!
This is a fine example of when members and missionaries work together. 
This week Sister Zhang came out with us to visit an investigator who hadn't been answering his phone. We sat there knocking on his door and calling him for about 10 minutes, but we couldn't quite get to the inside door because of the large screen on the outside. So our member disappeared for a minute and came back with this large staff and then proceeded to pound on the door. Yep. We're determined here in Yonghe! :) 
This is Sherry berry. or Sher bear as the Elders now call her (they all have small crushes on her)
She is our Christmas miracle. We met her about 3 weeks ago and have finally started earnestly shanging ke with her. She wants to be baptized on Christmas and everything is looking like it will turn out that way! In fact when she introduces herself to people she says, "Hello! I'm sherry and I'm getting baptized on Christmas." haha. We love her. She is so full of faith and she's getting all of this down. Keep her in your prayers. 
The cutest Asian baby you will ever see. She belongs do the Ding jiating. Mom's a member and Dad's not... yet :) hehehe
This was the text we got from our miracle investigator named Kevin after he attended the first 2 hours of church on Sunday. Sister Wood and I just cried. haha. We've been very emotional lately... :)
Merry exchanges!! I was with Sweet Sister Everett and it was just the best. We bonded about our time together in Central Zone and we sang songs and I really just got to see one of our best missionaries hit the streets. Awww ya. :) 
I only have a few days left with Sister Wood. She is amazing!!! I have learned so much from her:)

No comments:

Post a Comment