Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Transferred to Taidong & TRAINING!

Beautiful Zhubei:)
Early Sunday morning selfie:)
Well, it's been a really really really really really really crazy morning full of emotions. 

This morning we received a call from President Day during our Language Study. He said he wanted to talk to me. He said he had good news and bad news. I was really nervous. REALLY nervous. Honestly I don't remember much else of the conversation, but this is what the result was, 

I AM MOVING TO TAIDONG. This is the most south-eastern part of the mission. I'll be flying there tomorrow with President and Sister Day. I'll be there for 2 weeks and then I'll start training a new missionary. 

Am I in shock? 100%. But ever since I got my call, my motto has been 

"If the Lord called me to do it, I could do it..."

He called me to speak Chinese and I'm doing it. He called me to serve in Georgia and I did it. He called me to serve in Zhubei and I've loved ever second of it. If he is calling me to go to Taidong tomorrow and serve and train... then I can do it. Dang... I'm going to miss Zhubei so much. It has really become a part of me. I've really unpacked my bags and my heart here and now I've got to pick everything up and leave. I've been working so hard on loving our investigators and our ward and our leaders and all of these things. It's going to be really hard. But I believe. And I've got to trust. 

Love these people!
Always so willing to help us!
 Also heard the voice of the Lord, saying: Whom shall send, and who will go for us? Then said: Here am I; send me.

During language study a few weeks ago, I was reading in 2 Nephi when I came across chapter 16:8. I have a necklace from one of my good friends that has a little bike on it and it says Here I am, send me. I love that necklace and I love that phrase. What's even better is when I read it in pinyin the other day. That last phrase, Here am I; send me. in Chinese has one little word had added to it. It's the word for please. So the translation would be Here am I; please send me. This is a really small thing, but it has a lot of meaning for me. 

We all said that before we came here. "Heavenly Father, please send me". Let's not forget that. We chose to come. We wanted to come. We asked our Heavenly Father to send us here. He loves us and he allowed us to come here to learn and grow. 

I've learned so much about making mistakes on my mission that I feel like I'm a professional by now :) haha But the Lord is allowing us to be humbled. He's allowing us to become more like His Son and our Savior.

I love this work. It's been a crazy ride, but I love ever second of it. I can't wait to see what else the future holds. I'm always thankful for the love and support of all of you. You've changed my life. All my love,

Gu Jiemei

#BecauseHeLives




New backpacks! and my first outfit bought in Taiwan!


No comments:

Post a Comment